We are looking for a Chief Lawyer to help open new business lines and create new products in the investment and payments field.
- to provide legal work on a project to develop financial instruments and offer them to investors in the European market in compliance with the binding regulation;
- to participate in the establishment of the Legal Department, set targets and KPIs;
- to legally structure cooperation with partners abroad, both independently and in cooperation with local law firms;
- to advise colleagues and management on legal matters on the legal framework for financial instruments, MiFID and related issues;
- to prepare legal reports, internal procedures, contracts and contract amendments as required;
- to keep up-to-date with developments and amendments to Latvian and European legislation and take steps to ensure that the company updates its operations accordingly;
- to participate in negotiations with external service providers, partners, regulators when necessary;
- to work closely with colleagues and actively participate in product and process development, create a pleasant and motivating working environment.
- experience in the financial instruments markets;
- knowledge of MiFID and MiFID II;
- at least a Bachelor’s degree in Law;
- willingness to take responsibility and lead;
- proactiveness, critical thinking and problem solving skills;
- creative thinking and ability to support the business in creating a competitive product;
- proficient English and Latvian language skills;
- at least one year’s experience in FinTech will be an advantage;
- experience working with an investment or crowdfunding platform will be an advantage.
We believe in a personal approach and we like to be flexible, so we assess each candidate based on specific needs and criteria. During the interview process, we assess how your skills will fit into our team and where your previous experience will be particularly useful.
We don’t want to define boundaries, but if we had to place a figure on it, the salary range for this position is between EUR 2850 gross and EUR 3500 gross per month (depending on the applicant’s professional experience in the relevant field).
With us you will:
- Be a part of a top tier team of professionals, work on global projects that reach millions worldwide, create complex one-of-a-kind in-house products and solutions;
- Get opportunities for professional development: learn new skills with online courses, broaden your network in local and international conferences, receive mentoring;
- Enjoy our learning oriented culture: learn and exchange ideas in lectures and workshops led by your colleagues and team leaders;
- Have flexible working hours and plan your day – it’s all about the teamwork and performance;
- Get extra benefits for your health and well-being; we will fully cover your health insurance (dentistry, out-patient treatment, etc.), organize well-being lectures and workshops to promote and support self-care, arrange an office yoga class, offer to take part in vaccination days in the office, and much more;
- Get treated with delicacies at the office with weekly snack days, monthly morning brunches, and daily supply of fresh fruit and delicious coffee;
- Enjoy a variety of employee discount programs and have fun at monthly internal activities and celebrations;
- Work from a spacious, modern, and well-equipped office in the very heart of Riga, with parking space for bike or scooter.
Apply for a Job